Thursday, December 09, 2004

Theme Thirteen: Vignette

Revised

Jenna
A beautiful young lady, in the prime of her youth stands dressed in the latest brand name clothing. The hot pink against her tanning bed complexion, her face painted up in black eye make-up, she fits right in. She smells fruity and perfumed. An honor roll student, outgoing, popular, one of the captains on the OHS varsity soccer team.
She assumes her position of leadership and responsibility, and being a team player; but don’t expect her to offer to share her queen sized bed with you, when you come home to visit.
She is on the defense; aggressive, assertive, and ruthless. Not just in her "trash mouth" choice of words, or closing the door in your face as you walk behind her; but in that tone that makes your soul sink.
“Hey Jenna?”
“What the fuck do you want?”
She is rotten, demanding and sarcastic. She is still in her adolescence, and obviously still clinging to that -'I’m the baby, I will get what I want' attitude.
Her heart, mind and body rides this emotional rollercoaster, around the loop the defence drops. She's laughing, joshing around and charming.

4 comments:

johngoldfine said...

It falls into two parts for me--the inspired and the dutiful, Do you know where the inspired ends?

johngoldfine said...

Do you still have the original hiding somewhere--this looks as scary as I remember, and I think the fat is gone--but I'd love to see the first take.

Stargaizer_Lily said...

The original was just a list, then I sorted out the lines. I guess that I do not know what you mean about the inspried and the dutiful. Please enlighten me and I will try to correct it.

johngoldfine said...

"...she will unleash her temper." To me, that's the end of the beginning and is inspired stuff. The rest rounds it out without actually being necessary. I was confused in my second post--not for the first time ever--ignore it.